Dental Clinic, Acoaxet Veterinary Clinic
Dental Clinic, Pet Dental Care Westport MA 02790
At Acoaxet Veterinary Clinic, we provide full service, professional veterinary dental care and oral surgery for dogs and cats in our dental clinic. Dental disease is the most common disease identified in dogs and cats, and more than 70% of all cats and 80% of dogs over three years of age suffer with some form of dental disease. Dental disease is preventable through proactive dental care. Pet owners can make a big difference in the longevity and quality of life of their pets with daily dental care and professional oral hygiene assessment and treatment by our dental professionals.
Clinical Signs of Pet Dental Disease
Your pet cannot tell you when they have a dental problem, making it difficult for you to know when they need a treatment. Bad breath is often the first sign of dental disease that you will notice. The same bacteria that causes bad breath, if left untreated, can spread through the blood stream and damage the kidneys, heart and possibly other organs. Frequent, at least yearly, oral exams and preventative professional dental cleaning, scaling and polishing to keep your pet's mouth healthy and pain-free. There are other signs of dental disease in your pet, including:
- Bad breath
- Salivating excessively
- Pawing at mouth
- Dropping food or running away from food dish
- Loose teeth or teeth that are discolored or covered in tartar
- Your pet shies away from you when touched in the mouth area
- Bleeding from the mouth
- If your pet shows any of the following symptoms, call me right away as your pet may be suffering from painful dental disease.
If your pet shows any of the following symptoms, call us right away as your pet may be suffering from painful dental disease.
Pet Dental Services Offered at Acoaxet Veterinary Clinic include:
- Annual Dental Exam, Professional Scaling and Polishing: complete ultrasonic/hand scaling and polishing for all stages of dental disease.
- Digital radiology—digital x-rays clearly identify hidden problems below the gum line
- Consultations—diagnosis and management of all types of dental diseases.
- Periodontics-LASER and traditional treatment for stomatitis, hypertrophy, perio-pockets, recession, etc.
- Exodontics—periodontal flaps, alveoloplasty, sectioning, root removal and suturing gingival tissues.
- Endodontic treatments—Endodontic disease refers to damage to the dental pulp, usually as a result of a fractured tooth. We perform vital pulp therapy (treatment that keeps the pulp tissue alive) and root canal therapy (the removal of the diseased pulpal tissue).
- Restoration—Application of a metal or metal covered by ceramic crown cemented to a damaged or abnormal tooth.
- Orthodontics—moving teeth with appliances, e.g., incline planes, expansion devices, brackets/buttons, etc.
- Oral surgery—removing tumors, repairing defects, fracture repair, Maxillectomy and mandibulectomy.